Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Inauguration, Day 2

I have so many questions. There are definitely going to be a lot of people in DC: Target is sold out of air mattresses and Washington Sports Club has never seen such a crowd. So I wonder how well DC is doing, economically speaking. i wonder how many restaurants and bars have changed things up for this weekend. I wonder how many local folks have been inconvenienced.

But who cares?! I'm having a good time. There are so many parties, it's hard to hit up a bad one. And we can look at it in the opposite way: there are so many parties, they couldn't all possibly be any good. I'm also enjoying my new venture: trying all drinks named after the President-elect. I am getting drunk pretty quickly.

Tomorrow starts the super big time events including the concert at the Lincoln Memorial with Bono and the Jonas Brothers. I'm not going for the music.

No comments: