Monday, January 5, 2009

Stimulus Package

Have you ever missed an episode or two of your favorite program? Ended up wondering who Mr. Big is or why some new person is living in the house or what your favorite Baltimore detective's name is. Well, I've missed an episode of "Stimulus Package": most likely the episode that talks about why rich people get a check that I have to pay for and I'm still broke.

As you all know, Obama is my road dog. But like most of road dogs, you should be able to call them out: Rev Warren, bad decision; stimulus package, bad decision. I just can't figure out how lending money, with nearly no strings attached, to people and companies who constantly mismanage money is supposed to help anybody. And don't get me started on car companies--they need money every ten years or so and they still can't figure it out. I am really, really curious if dude from Ford, after driving the Escape Hybrid to DC from Detroit, was like "dang, this car sucks!" By the way, SUV hybrids are faux hybrids that make the Prius look like a Nova (price-wise).

I'll admit: I'm a little bitter. I once owned a home. In the hills...almost, mega backyard, lots of fruits trees, with a massive kitchen. It was hard to keep, but I was just at what I could afford. Besides, the mortgage company a.k.a. thieves, said I could refinance after a few months when the house had some more value. But I was laid off before then. Once I could get the thieves to return my calls, I found that the bank was unwilling to negotiate anything. So this player had to foreclose on the fresh house and file for bankruptcy. Even though by then I already had a new job, the bank still was hating, unwilling to negotiate, being mean, and outright lying in some cases. But I didn't know better. Watching the news, I get hella mad because if all of this happened a year later, I could have been eligible for some federal money or the bank would have been willing to negotiate. Now I can't do jack crap since my credit is doggy-doo, at least for a tiny bit longer. The only thing that makes me smile is that I'm certain the thieves are broke too, assuming I wasn't the only one and the banks aren't willing to do business with them and they aren't eligible for stimulus money. I am mad that the bank (Chase, by the way) really doesn't seem to be hurting, and if they start hurting, they can complete a really short application to get that remedied.

No comments: